Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AnY Suggestions

Member Extraordinaire

Re: AnY Suggestions

djw- i think what everyone's been trying to tell you is that there are TONS of nursng jobs out there, but maybe you're being too picky about which ones you're willing to apply for. If you've got your license, and the only blemish on your resume is that you waited 3 years to take boards, you should have no problem finding a job. Like others have said, nursing home jobs are a dime a dozen- it may not be where you want to work, but at least it'll get you some experience while you continue your job search. Lke others have said, none of us mind giving advice when asked, but you have to be willing to take it, even if it's not necessarily what you wanted to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaWIRN View Post
    djw- i think what everyone's been trying to tell you is that there are TONS of nursng jobs out there, but maybe you're being too picky about which ones you're willing to apply for. If you've got your license, and the only blemish on your resume is that you waited 3 years to take boards, you should have no problem finding a job. Like others have said, nursing home jobs are a dime a dozen- it may not be where you want to work, but at least it'll get you some experience while you continue your job search. Lke others have said, none of us mind giving advice when asked, but you have to be willing to take it, even if it's not necessarily what you wanted to hear.
    Amanda, I am not being picky, I would work anywhere. but really up to this point I hadn't thought about LTC. I have just been applying at hospitals so far. And what i've have been saying in all my post is that I will work where ever they will hire me in any area. And my problem is not the lenghth of time it took to take boards I have been a stay at home mom Some of the time was medically related and the rest has been personal.So I haven't worked in the field in any capacity I know the jobs are out there and believe me I've been applying for everything. Could be the State or it could just be me time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by djwRN BSN View Post
    Amanda, I am not being picky, I would work anywhere. but really up to this point I hadn't thought about LTC. I have just been applying at hospitals so far. And what i've have been saying in all my post is that I will work where ever they will hire me in any area. And my problem is not the lenghth of time it took to take boards I have been a stay at home mom Some of the time was medically related and the rest has been personal.So I haven't worked in the field in any capacity I know the jobs are out there and believe me I've been applying for everything. Could be the State or it could just be me time will tell.
    Have the places you've applied to given you a reason as to why they won't hire you? Maybe that is your next step.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12