Thread: Hello my fellow CAS nurses!

Hello my fellow CAS nurses!

Hello,

What a great find. I didn't realize there was another site for us on the web. I know there's not too many out there so whenever I stumble across anything, I always try and write a little message of encouragement.

I started using and diverting demerol, morphine, dilaudid, and whatever other opiate I could get my hands on back in 2002. I used for about a year until I got caught. I left that job, resigned without getting fired. They did NOT report me. i stupidly started doing agency work and kept using until I got myself arrested.

So I now have a conviction charge. I was still NOT reported to the BON. I self reported to them when renewing my license, not the drug use, just the fact that I had a criminal conviction. I stayed clean on my own for almost 2 yrs then started abusing my prescription percocet (DUH,ME!!!). I also dabbled a bit in IV again as well.

Finally got myself some official treatment, I'm in recovery today, 6 months clean and sober, YAY me! Feel great and ready to face anything that comes up.

For anyone reading that is at a really bad point, you CAN make it thru the hell of addiction. I was taking 25 percocet just to start my day off so I could function. If I could make it back from that, anyone can.

Take care my fellow recoverers and be well.:waving:

Re: Hello my fellow CAS nurses!

Hello! I am new to this forum. Just fired yesterday for diversion and have self-reported to my state's nurse assistance program. I am the breadwinner in my family and I am very uncertain of what to expect. I want recovery but right now all I can think of is how I am going to pay my bills and keep my house. How long should I expect to be out of work? Will anyone ever hire me again? I have never done anything but nursing and I wouldn't even know where to begin if I had to choose something else.

Wink Re: Hello my fellow CAS nurses!

Congrats to finding this site too. I just recently joined myself. I found similar trouble but didn't mess with all that friggin Tylenol. But, the process to get your license back is a long one with alot of bumps. But, it works. There are other jobs in the mean time that don't require license...so I hearI wish you both good luck. I am not sure if I want to be a nuse. I can afford to try out a new profession and go to school. Just figurin out what to do. I love kids and that was my first choice in professions. Instead I ended up in ICU... pretty much the same :frustrated:

GOOD LUCK
    Someday you will need to be rescued, whether you realize it or not. Every night be grateful; just in case today was that day.....every day is my day...:39:

Talking Re: Hello my fellow CAS nurses!

Hello to everybody! I am new to this site as of today. I am in the Alternative Program in NC, and I am not really sure if I am in the right forum. But I have been clean for 2 1/2 years. My DOC was percocet and then on July 15th, 2004, I snapped, and I really don't remember what all happened, but I know that I diverted MSO4 and Valium and tried to commit suicide in the parking lot at work. Thank God a security guard found me and rushed me to the ER.
    I was lucky. Now I am sober, and happy to be alive. I am able to feel and not having to mask things with taking 25-30 percocets a day.
    Finding a job was difficult, but it all happened when God was ready for it to happen. It's all on God's terms, not ours. That was hard for me to accept at first, even sometimes now. But through my wonderful best friend/sponsor, family, and most importantly my God I know all things are possibly. Thanks for letting me talk! And can anybody let me know how to get to my state forum.?..cause I am not very good at navigating on a website..as if you can't tell!!

Re: Hello my fellow CAS nurses!

Hello again!

Trauma- I know everything seems overwhelming right now. Your State program hopefully will steer you in the right direction and get you the help you need.

I'm working , taking it one MINUTE at a time, LOL. Still loving the clean life even when it's hectic.

Nothing feels so good as waking up every day CLEAN, not wiped out and NEEDING those damn meds!!! I hated it.

The cycle is broken and as I tell my group, I have the potential for many relapses within me BUT I just DON"T have another RECOVERY on me. THIS IS IT. I feel this is my shot at life right now. I have to think like that in order to survive because I was definitely killing myself the other way.

We are stronger than we may think!!!

:houra: :clapping: