Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LPN's- What do you get paid!?

Red face Re: LPN's- What do you get paid!?

I've been a LPN for four years and at the company I currently work at they pay new LPNs $22 an hour and experienced nurses $24an hour. So go for it. The money is gooood, especially with time and a half after 8 hours.

Re: LPN's- What do you get paid!?

in southwest va it depends on the field and if your working full time or part time. for example working in the doctors office you get paid less. 9.75-11.00 depending on the doctor. they believe that you have the best hours and days off (holidays off) plus that job is so in demand that most have to wait till some one quits, retires or dies. lol i had one doctor offer me 915 and hour. i told him that i made 8.50 hour at walmart. i don't think so. most hospitals around here pay 10.50-13.00. nursing homes offer more because their turn over is not that great so they offer more to keep you. 12.00-17.50. more if your part time. hope that helps

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Think of it this way, LivingDead....Walmart and nursing is like apples and oranges.

True, you deal with 'cranky people' either way, but in a doctor's office, there's a good reason for it.

Where i live(n.california) lvns make 32 plus benefits in ltc/snf. my rent is 825 a month so it is pretty good pay for a year of votech school. you can get alot of overtime if you are motivated.

Facebook User

Re: LPN's- what do LPn's get paid

I'm relocating to Georgia, and have heard a lot of negative feed back concering how LPN's are treated in Georgia and the wages. I've been an LPN for 20 years and have a vast number of experience can someone share their experience with me., as well as places to live and look for a job

I'm also looking for jobs hopefully my georgia license will be here by the second or third week of August.

You can find up to date pay rates for LPN/LVNs and RNs here for most regions in the United States:

Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (United States), Today's Pay Rates, Payscale.com:
    http://www.payscale.com/salary-surve...32928/fid-6886

Registered Nurse (RN) (United States), Today's Pay Rates, Payscale.com:
    http://www.payscale.com/research/US/...N)/Hourly_Rate

Hope that is helpful.

Andrew Lopez, RN
    http://www.nursefriendly.com

I feel so grateful for all of you who have posted your wages. It has been so helpful. I am in Oklahoma, about to apply to LPN school. I was enrolled in pre-nursing at Oklahoma State University-OKC in an Anatomy course but dropped out because there were some problems. My teacher was teaching the course, and the Director of the division was creating the tests for the courses. One didn't seem to reflect the other. I wasn't doing well, and had to dropped. I didn't want a bad grade to drag my good gpa down.

I already have a Master's degree in the social sciences from the University of Oklahoma but really couldn't do much with it. It's like an English degree. What can you do with it?? Not much. So I decided to go back to college. I started out by going back to Rose State College where I first got my AA degree. I took Anatomy and Physiology, and made a "B", and then took Microbiology and made a "C." That was a damn hard course. I had a overall high gpa but not high enough to qualify for the school's RN program, so I had to transfer to another school.

So that's when I transferred to OSU-OKC. But they made me take the same courses over again, because nothing I had previously taken at Rose transferred over. But I was doing so poorly in their Anatomy class I had to drop it. I got really discouraged. And decided to go to LPN school instead rather than to take the courses over again. Because they were hard enough the first time around.

After LPN school I will be going home to Calif. I'm from the Bay area. But then again I may settle in AZ. Not sure. I do need a could wage though. I've 56 years old now. I will have an RV I'm living in. I've giving up the house. I'm originally from Antioch. And I have family all over southern CA. I don't want to work 40 hours a week anymore. I'm tired of the rat race. I have many years of home health care experience. I want to work about 30 hours now.

Can I survive on that? I won't have any bills....except for food for me and my dogs, and gas for the RV, health insurance, rv insurance. The RV will be paid for.

Thank you,

DebbieMarie

My wife works for a doctors office and started there right out of LPN school. She makes $12.50 an hour. If you can get on here at the hospital as an LPN you start out at $14.00 but most of the hospitals around here are not taking LPN's they want RNs. Nursing homes start out at $17.50 for day shift, and my wife turned down an agency postion of $25.00 an hour, because she didn't want to do agency work and work in a nursing home.

Unhappy Re: LPN's- What do you get paid!?

Not working so my pay is zilch. In this area, the wages have gone from $18 to $20 an hour to $15 to $17 an hour to coincide with the employers necessity to adjust to the economy. They have also decreased their need for employees.

I work in northeast Ohio I get 16.40 at a county nursing home ,and 18.00 for agency I've gotten 25/hr for some assignments though

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast