Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LPN's- What do you get paid!?

LPN's- What do you get paid!?

I was considering being an LPN and was wondering how much you guys get paid and how much and ageny pays for LPN's.

Re: LPN's- What do you get paid!?

In Texas about 15.00 to 17.00, hr, agency pays 21 to 25

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Waaay back, one agency I worked for had 2 levels: During the week, we got paid $21 for 7-3, $21.50 for 3-11, and $22 for 11-7; Weekend pay was increased a bit more. Of course, this was back in the late '80's/early '90's.

'Cat'

Brand new LPN working in a nursing home and I get $19/hr day shift or $20/hr PMs or nights.

Be advised; Salary will always be based on the region & company, as well as specific type of job.
    Cary James Barrett, RN, BSN

Not enough for the workload, but too much to justify quiting.

In all seriousness kids, you need to take in to concideration the cost of living for the area you will be working in. It has been my experience that if you budget and spend wisely you can live a comfortable middle class life on a LPN wage. If your spouce works also it can be even better. my wife was a stay at home mom till our kids all started school, now she is starting to talk about going back to school. not that we need the money but it sure won't hurt the budget any for her to work.

So, to make a long story short why not ask Nurses in your geographic area what they make.
    "BECAUSE I SAID SO" IS NOT A GOOD ENOUGH REASON.

Days $12.25 per hour/ Nights 14.75 per hour.... the pay sux in Texarkana TExas!!!!

16.05 is base rate pay... nights add 7% (ends up being 17 ish) and night weekends add 21% which ends up being 19 and some change. This is at a hospital in MD
    J. Smith, L.P.N

in South Alabama where I live: --base pay $12.75 -- % more for yrs already been a LPN-- as well as shift differentials. in 2006 i went to north AL and got a job at a hospital with base $17.50 --plus shift diff, and $1.00 extra for any certifications that you have completed and are active.. so if coming to AL --the pay in south AL is not good--try to stay located in north AL cities unless you can get on via an agency -they do pay more in any state you go--over being hired by the hospital or nursing home--we have 1 new agency here in Dothan , that contract nurses for positions here and in Florida, and they pay $18-$20/hr week day shift and $22/hr weekend shifts..and and some jobs are daily shift cash pay..
    another new agency close to here in southern GA that have positions near hear about 45 min drive and they pay contract nurses the same as the agency here does.

but as someone else have replied--it all depends on the region you are in--but the pay in the south is always lower..

I live in central MO. It really varies here from town to town. Most hosptials are around $11.50!! Nursing homes anywhere from $11 to $18!! + differential, which most of them are nice! I work for Healthsouth, I get $14.22 currently. I hear the starting there is $13.

However, RN's in hospitals start at $17....so I don't feel like I am doing too bad.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast