Thread: Top Ten Travel Nursing Company 2007

Top Ten Travel Nursing Company 2007

I am very proud to present the TOP TEN Travel Companies for 2007!

After all the interviews for the year of 2007 were received, the companies were then ranked by the benefits they provided. After that the Highway Hypodermics eZine subscribers voted at http://www.highwayhyp odermics.com/TopTenPoll1.htm.

The long awaited results can be found at: http://www.highwayhypodermics.com/TopTenDownload.htm

Thumbs down Re: Top Ten Travel Nursing Company 2007

:39: So tell me how does a company such as Talemed get to be # 1 when they just celebrated their 1st anniversary as a company?:39: Where is their history? What facts can be gathered in less than a year to give them the top spot? How do you explain this...........or should I quote Ken to say " it's a secret":endof:

Re: Top Ten Travel Nursing Company 2007

Quote Originally Posted by gin View Post
    :39: So tell me how does a company such as Talemed get to be # 1 when they just celebrated their 1st anniversary as a company?:39: Where is their history? What facts can be gathered in less than a year to give them the top spot? How do you explain this...........or should I quote Ken to say " it's a secret":endof:

As stated in the publication, has to do with benefits and voting on profiles...

"The companies were ranked first by the benefits they provided. After that the Highway Hypodermics eZine subscribers voted at http://www.highwayhypodermics.com/TopTenPoll1.htm.

Benefits that these companies provide include health insurance that is free for the nurse with a minimal fee for the family, first day medical coverage, professional insurance, reimbursement for nurse licensing, private housing, corporate housing option, basic utilities, salaries over $30, full CEU reimbursement for required continuing education, 401K with 50% vested, completion bonus’ on some assignments, JCAHO certification, weekly direct deposit, sick days without penalty, one month off between assignments without penalty, pre-employment screening, standard mileage reimbursement and rental car or stipend.

Talking Re: Top Ten Travel Nursing Company 2007

:firedup: Okay again.......no history to this. What's to keep any company on stating their intentions with all the promises that you list. Only to fall short of carrying them through with no history to their company. Sounds like they are luring the inexperience ones into a pit. And by the way Their insurance is great if your spouse is young but at a quote of almost 600$ of more to cover us older folks I do not agree with their affordable coverage. And I just bought your book........ I think people ought to investigate .........talk to all they know......and when the shoe fit's and when the "feeling" good is there with your connection with that recruiter....go and be happy!:houra:

Thumbs down Re: Top Ten Travel Nursing Company 2007

Gin, sorry I fell victim to this Talemed company, I should have done more research. They treated me like crap and I will seek legal action against them. We are talking $1700 on a reversed paycheck. ABSOLUTELY LEFT ME HIGH AND DRY IN TEXAS 1500 MILES FROM HOME!!! NO PHONE CALL, NOTHING UNTIL 4 DAYS LATER I FOUND MY PAYCHECK HAD BEEN REVERSED!! THIS IS HOW MUCH THEY APPRECIATE US HARDWORKING NURSES!! LaRue, here is a question for you~ how would you ever get benefits if this company jerks you around and wipes out your entire Paycheck for absolutely NO WRONGDOING???? EVERY benefit has a dollar sign on it, nothing is "FREE" I paid for the travel/ car rental with a $5 reduction in my pay and healthcare would have been a further reduction! FREE?? This company is filling their pockets with an easy $500 "termination" fee whether you had anything to do with the termination or not. I REPEAT $500!!! EVERY termination ~ I REPEAT EVERY TERMINATION ~ THIS COMPANY IS A PARASITE!! LEGAL ACTION WILL FOLLOW IF I HAVE TO WORK OVERTIME NOW TO DO SO.