Thread: Welcome to the Home Health forum!

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Welcome to the Home Health forum!

Hope this Forum can be useful to all you Home Health nurses.

To start off, here are some links to Home Health publications:
    http://www.lww.com/product/?0884-741X

http://nursingcenter.com/library/jou...ssue_ID=670059

Re: Welcome to the Home Health forum!

Some more links and info. that can be useful:

Medicare Reference Guide: Home Health Coverage Guidelines
    updated link 5/3/06

Nurse Week: NW0701: Getting Started in Home Care

Nursing Spectrum: CE109d: For Nurses New to Home Care

And if you want to get paid..... Writing 485 plan of treatments:
    Handbook of Home Health Standards and Documentation -- Guidelines for Reimbursement

And a Supplemental Guide: https://www.cahabagba.com/part_a/edu...als/hh_sup.pdf

Hello. I am an old home health staff nurse and also an Administrator of a Medicare division and Private division. Now working as a nurse paralegal on the defense side.

Thumbs up Re: Welcome to the Home Health forum!

Greetings to everyone!!

I'm currently working as RN Case Manager/Clinical Supervisor for a private HHA. My background as a RN is 10 yrs in HHC nursing; private et non-profit and 7 yrs psych both acute and LT. Prior to that, I started my way up from CNA, CMA, LPN to RN over the past 32 yrs. I have much respect for those who have endeavored the ever changing field of nursing through the years and welcome with open arms the young people entering this field today!!!

Home Health Rules! After 20 years I would not do anything else. Currently I oversee a network of offices in Fl,MI,Il,soon to be in Ohio. Home is Where the Best Care is Delivered. Coming to Chicago in October.

I love the cat! Have 5 myself.

Thumbs up Re: Welcome to the Home Health forum!

Quote Originally Posted by iowafanrn View Post
    Greetings to everyone!!

I'm currently working as RN Case Manager/Clinical Supervisor for a private HHA. My background as a RN is 10 yrs in HHC nursing; private et non-profit and 7 yrs psych both acute and LT. Prior to that, I started my way up from CNA, CMA, LPN to RN over the past 32 yrs. I have much respect for those who have endeavored the ever changing field of nursing through the years and welcome with open arms the young people entering this field today!!!
    Hi,
    I have a few questions about Home Health nursing. I've been out of nursing for ten years due to Asthma. My background is critical care, CCRN and also a Case Manager for about a year. I am returning to nursing and would like to practice home health nursing once again. I am hoping to find information about " Certifications" for home care nursing.
    Any direction that anyone could offer would be appreciated. My license will be in the mail this week
    Noreen

Msirish, thanks for the post! I'll see what I can dig up for you, and post it to the Forum.

Just to be curious, are you an APN?

Hello, I have 6 years of HH experience, and I have been thinking about travel nursing, not sure about the amount of HH traveling jobs available, I have been working for the same company for last 8 years it is hard to leave but the $ seems good!
    Having asthma in home care..you will be exposed to potential allergens pets, dirty home etc. I precepted a nurse that had asthma and would have been a great HHRN but was having frequent asthma attacks and had to resign. Good Luck to you!

Self-Starting Activities in nursing homes:
    Gardening. Depending on residents’ scope of mobility and interest, gardening can be as rigorous or as gentle as they want it to be. If there is a real garden that’s fantastic, if not then hanging baskets, small pots of herbs and indoor cactus or orchid collections can still keep the interest going.
    Arts and crafts. Even older residents enjoy making something – especially when they feel it’s going to a good cause. Knitting blankets, making baby clothes or entering art or photographic contests can keep people busy and help them make a contribution to society at the same time.
    Games. You might think bingo is the most popular nursing home game – and you’re right. But there’s more to competitive games than just bingo. How about bridge, mah-jong, canasta or chess – the sky’s the limit. One-on-one games are great for encouraging closer relationships among residents, and group games are also good for fostering a sense of community.
    Musical-based activities. Don’t limit the fun to sing-alongs – you may even have professional musicians among the residents, or you may discover some hidden talents…
    AED Life saving products like AED pads, AEDs equipments at aedlifepower:nurse-haha: