Thread: LPN/LVN TRAVEL NURSING

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

LPN/LVN TRAVEL NURSING

NEEDS SOME HELP FINDING COMPANIES THAT WORK LPN'S ON A REGULAR BASIS WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM LPN'S AND WHO THEY WORK FOR. THE COMANY I HAVE TALKED TO THE RECRUITER NEVER CALLS BACK AND WHEN I CALL THEY ARE NEVER IN THE OFFICE PLEASE HELP. WOULD LOVE TO TRAVEL BUT WITH A RELIABLE COMPANY

Re: LPN/LVN TRAVEL NURSING

Hello Connie,

These are two that work with LPNs/LVNs, if you find anymore please post them and I'll add them to my list. Posting a few interesting articles about travel nursing also.

Enjoy! Andrew Lopez, RN

http://www.nursefriendly.com/traveler/

Travel Nursing Agencies That Use LPNS/RNs:

Alacrity Healthcare Staffing:"Alacrity Healthcare Staffing, established in 1997, has grown quickly to become one of the nation's leading healthcare staffing firms. Our focus is on providing nurses (RNs, LPNs), nurse aides and other clinical staff to hospitals, nursing homes, long-term care facilities, rehabilitation centers and medical clinics. Alacrity nurses are employed by the Company and receive competitive compensation, benefits and training. We employ over 2,000 nurses and nurse aides and serve over 500 client facilities. We have 20 offices in nine states and plans to continue to open new locations and expand our reach. But our size and growth is only part of the story. Our approach at Alacrity is what sets us apart."
    Lambert, Edwards & Associates Inc
    171 Monroe NW Grand Rapids, MI 49503 US
    616-233-0500, jlucas@lambert-edwards.com
    http://www.alacritystaffing.com/

U. S. Nursing Corporation:"U. S. Nursing Corporation is a company dedicated to caring for patients during job action situations. We take care of patient needs while facilities and healthcare professionals negotiate a mutually acceptable contract. We offer travel assignments in prestigious facilities across the country. Assignments range from one day to several weeks and offer the highest wages in the industry, in addition to overtime and bonus pay."
    888-389-7668, info@usnursing.com
    http://www.usnursing.com/

Born to Roam Travel nurse-turned-entrepreneur gears her agency to nomadic nurses who crave job security, Nurseweek.com:"On the strength of the nursing shortage, Terri Hill, RN, has traveled from the operating room to the boardroom of her own small but growing company, HC Travelers. Travel nursing for the Indianapolis surgical nurse began as a lark with a purpose. It was a chance to reconnect with distant family and-at least by one nurse-alleviate California's desperate need in 1990 for operating room nurses. With her husband and four children in tow, Hill accepted a six-week assignment to a Los Angeles-area hospital. It was a memorable month and a half of work and leisure that years later would lure her back to travel nursing and a career that she could not have imagined."
    http://www.nurseweek.com/news/featur...9/hill_web.asp

Have Stethoscope, Will Travel:"Nurses who are willing to live out of a suitcase, face picket lines and work in different hospitals from one week to the next are nearly doubling their hourly wage. Hospitals in places such as California, Hawaii, Florida and New York are paying big money to recruiters for temporary staff to supplement their own employees during a national nursing shortage. The American Journal of Nursing reported that an estimated 255,000 traveling nurses are working throughout the United States, and that some 10,000 temporary nurse positions went unfilled earlier this year. "It's good money, but I don't just do it for the money," Mobile, Ala., resident Lois Veselits said from Estes Park, Colo. "I do it for the experience of living in other places."
    http://www.newhousenews.com/archive/...hey122702.html

Working As A Temp, How to make it a successful experience, by Jeanne Willard:"You've probably worked along side registry nurses in your unit and thought "I could do that." Maybe you decided it would be a great chance to expand your clinical knowledge, check out other hospitals, or perhaps you'd just like to whittle down that credit card balance. With the current nursing shortage, the idea of working as a temporary nurse can be an attractive option. If you are an experienced nurse with solid clinical skills you're in great demand. Most hospitals use registry staff to meet the demands of a fluctuating census and to manage labor costs. The rewards can include additional income, job comparison, a flexible schedule, and an opportunity to learn from your peers. If you're ready to make the leap, here are tips to make this experience a successful one."
    Working World Magazine
    3600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1526 Los Angeles, CA 90010
    Tel213)385-4781, Fax213)385-3782, WorkingNurse@WorkingWorld.com
    http://www.workingworld.com/magazine...o=260&wn=1

thanks for the info if i hear of more i'll let you know

I am trying to find out some information on becoming a LPN in Ohio...Can someone help me to find that information please...Thank you!

Anonymous

Try putting LPN Schools in Ohio in your addy bar here.. I got lots of hits.. I didn't look at them..

WR,,, three commas for Becca

Also, I site I like is www.ask.com

thanks will try them both and see what happens i need some adventure!!!!!!!!