Thread: Welcome to UltimateNurse.Com's General Nursing

Welcome to UltimateNurse.Com\'s General Nursing

Board. Please feel free to discuss anything related to Nursing. No recruiters please. There are other forums for that kind of discussion on here.

Re: Welcome to UltimateNurse.Com\'s General Nursing

I can see that I will be spending some time in the morning with a pot of coffee and the list of FAQ. Hopefully I'll be able to navigate this site by the afternoon.

I've used forums like this one for a long time. Once you get used to it you will never want to use anything else. You can do so much more with it.

I agree...sites like this are great...they give us an opportunity to bond...exchange ideas..support one another and offer advise...NURSE POWER...

Re: Welcome to UltimateNurse.Com's General Nursing

I'm not sure how this works, but here goes. Would anybody be persuaded to stay in a nursing job if they offered a resort/cabin for free use for your unit as a retention tool.:shades_smile:

Member Extraordinaire

Re: Welcome to UltimateNurse.Com's General Nursing

If this is in exchange for crappy working conditions, then NO. I have worked at assignments before where conditions were bad, and instead of trying to fix the poor working conditions, management tried to persuade nurses to stay by giving them bonuses, gifts, money, food, etc.... To me, that's a sign of a bad manager- trying to throw money at a problem rather than fix the problem...
    Amanda, RN, BSN
    Ex-Traveler Extraordinaire,
    Resident Trauma Queen